The World of Ice and Fire

Jeu de plateau, jeu de rôles, série télévisée, ...
DireWolf
Soldat

The World of Ice and Fire

Message non lu par DireWolf »

George R.R. MARTIN vient d'annoncer un des projets qu'il gardait jusque la secret. Il s'agit d'un projet de livre encyclopédique sur le Trone de Fer. Intitulé The World of Ice and Fire, il contiendra une importante partie sur l'histoire de westeros, un "who is who" des principaux personnages présents, passés et légendaire, de l'héraldique, de la généalogie, de nombreuses cartes et des nouvelles illustrations.
Les co-auteurs de cet ouvrage seront Ran et Linda, les webmasters du site westeros.org (ca promet d'être du très bon boulot !)

Voilou !

Ah ! Si, j'oubliais ! La date de parution prévue est "fin 2007, début 2008", entre les sorties de ADWD et de TWOW.
"His is the Song of Ice and Fire"

Généalogiste amateur de Westeros
Gregor
Sorcier
Lecture du moment : Hypérion

Message non lu par Gregor »

coooool :D
Ma bibliothèque : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4351
Yeurl
Porte Etendard

Message non lu par Yeurl »

George a écrit :BANTAM TO PUBLISH THE WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE
September 2, 2006
I've had readers writing and emailing me for years asking for some sort of "encyclopedia" or concordance for Westeros and the world of A Song of Ice and Fire, so it thrills me no end to announce that a few hours ago I signed a contract with Bantam Books for just such a companion book. We're calling it The World of Ice and Fire. . . mainly because The World of George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire is too long and cumbersome to put on a cover, and way clunky besides.
The "world book" will be a big undertaking, and much too complicated for me to tackle alone, especially since I have this novel still to finish (you know the one), but I've been lucky enough to find some splendid help in persons of Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and Linda Antonsson., who will be my co-authors on the project. Elio (sometimes known as "Ran") and Linda are the hosts and webmasters at Westeros.org, with its terrific concordance and colorful rolls of arms, and I have long had the feeling that both of them know a lot more about the Seven Kingdoms than I do.
With the ink not quite dry on the contracts yet, I can't tell you much about the contents of The World of Ice and Fire, but we do know that it will include a lengthy section on the history of the Seven Kingdoms, and a "who's who" of characters past and present, living, dead, and legendary. Heraldry and genealogy will also be included. Oh, and maps. Lots of maps. You asked for them, and we're going to give to them to you.
This will be a large and splendid coffee-table sized book, with full color throughout and artwork on every page. Some of the illustrations will, of necessity, be reprinted from among the best of the work seen in the art book, the card game, the board game, the RPG, and various books and comics, but a lot of it will be original, commissioned especially for the world book. More details when we have them.
As for the rest of the contents... we want to know what you would like to see in an encyclopedia/ concordance/ companion book. However, PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME your suggestions. What you should do instead is go to the bulletin board that Elio and Linda maintain at Westeros.org and post your ideas there. This book is for the fans, so tell us what should be in it.
There's no way to project a firm publication date at this time, but my best guess is that The World of Ice and Fire will be released in late 2007 or early 2008, after A Dance With Dragons but before The Winds of Winter.
En gros, ça va reprendre la remarquable section "Citadel" de Westeros.org, avec quelques bonus (cartes notemment), le tout dans un beau livre.
Bref, c'est bien :D
"Il ne peut y avoir de crise internationale la semaine prochaine, mon agenda est déjà plein." (Kissinger)
tofleraleur
Porte Etendard

Message non lu par tofleraleur »

mon cadeau du père noel et c martin qui y a pensé, comme c gentil :lol:
Lecture : Le Louvetier

je râle pas, j'explique
Toon
Sorcier
Lecture du moment : Feu&Sang T2

Message non lu par Toon »

tofleraleur a écrit :mon cadeau du père noel et c martin qui y a pensé, comme c gentil :lol:
Noel 2007 :wink:
Darkstar
Asservi(e)
Lecture du moment : Le Sentiment du Fer

Message non lu par Darkstar »

Roooooh...
UN beau livre en perspective. 8)
"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die, there is no middle ground." Cersei Lannister
Phnglui mglw nafh cthulhu r'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn.
"Et c'est ainsi, par la petite porte, que je m'introduisis dans la famille du Podestat." Benvenuto
Bran Noircorbac
Sorcier

Message non lu par Bran Noircorbac »

OUAIIIIIIS 8) 8)

La classe^^
Votre talent [lecture de textes vains] vient d'augmenter d'un point
Jhary
Porte Etendard
Lecture du moment : La saga Vorkosigan

Message non lu par Jhary »

je ne passerai pas à côté ça c'est sûr. une vraie bible.
le ptit bémol c'est qu'il y aura surement beaucoup à lire mais en anglais :wink:
Répondre